Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mango Salsa

I didn't like mangos when I was a kid. To this day I have no idea why because I love them now! They are tied with strawberries for my favorite fruit. This is a great way to eat them with lunch or dinner. This salsa is wonderfully fresh and juicy and goes great with any spicy meat or fish.

Mango Salsa

Servings: 2-3

Prep Time: 10 mins
Wait Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins

Ingredients
1 mango
1/4 red bell pepper
1/4 red onion
pinch of salt
2 T cilantro
1/4 jalapeno, seeded (optional)

Directions
Dice all ingredients: chop mangos and bell peppers about the same size and finely dice the onion, cilantro and jalapeno. Mix together and let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to meld.

Serving Suggestions
This goes really well with spicy food. I like it with blackened fish and jerk pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment