Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cinnamon Popcorn

I have been craving popcorn for a few weeks now and I finally got some at the store. It is the perfect snack for a Sunday afternoon while doing homework or catching up on TV from the week. I was talking to my friend Craig about popcorn and he said he likes to put cinnamon on his so I decided to try it out. I added the truvia for a little sweetness which really complements the saltiness of the popcorn.
Cinnamon Popcorn

Servings: 1-2

Cook Time: 15 mins

Ingredients
1 T oil
1 tsp smart balance (or other "healthy" butter)
1/3 cup popcorn kernels
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 packet truvia or 1/2 tsp sugar

Directions
Place oil, butter and one kernel of popcorn in a pot that is approximately 4 quarts with a lid. Turn on heat to medium-high and cover. When the kernel pops add the 1/3 cup of popcorn, shake to coat all the kernels with oil and cover again. Shake the pan as the kernels start popping so the popped ones move to the top. Once the popping between kernels slows to 3 seconds remove from heat. Add cinnamon, salt and truvia. Shake to mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment