Thursday, March 31, 2011

Breakfast Tostada

I've been having a lot of Mexican food this week with all my green chile chicken and that gave me the idea of green chile eggs. So I got some egg whites and mixed in diced green chiles. Egg whites tend to be really boring, but with the green chiles and other fixings they were the perfect healthy breakfast.

Breakfast Tostada

Servings: 1

Prep Time: 3 mins
Cook Time: 7 mins
Total Time: 10 mins

Ingredients
1/3 cup egg whites, I use them from a carton instead of separating them
oil or PAM
1-2 T diced green chiles
1 corn tortilla
1/4 refried black beans
1 slice cheese, I used low-fat provolone
salsa

Directions
Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Spray with PAM or use a little oil so the egg doesn't stick. Pour in the egg whites and green chiles.
While the egg cooks spread the black beans on the tortilla and put in the toaster. When the eggs are done place on top of the tortilla and top with a slice of cheese. Put back in the toaster or oven on broil until the cheese starts browning. Top with your favorite salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment